You want to lose weight and do not really know how to do it? To lose weight permanently, it is better to make some food adjustments and some exercises rather than deprive yourself unnecessarily.
- The basic rules for losing weight
- How to lose weight permanently?
- To slim down, determination above all!
You can lose a few pounds on two conditions: change your eating habits and increase your physical activity. If you do not practice any physical exercise today, you do not necessarily have to play sports, but a daily walk or a little swimming every week can already do a lot.
Warning ! If you have to lose five pounds or more, consult a doctor or dietician because you need regular follow-up.
The basic rules for losing weight
To change your diet, it is necessary to reduce the caloric intake moderately, ie first the fat and the fast sugars. It is essential to respect good dietary practices (see “The guide to good food practices”) by adding a few simple rules.
- Do not skip meals, especially the breakfast which must remain copious. Have a light meal in the evening;
- Do not eat anything apart from meals. If you are hungry between meals, drink a large glass of water, coffee or tea without sugar. Drink also before the meal and in the middle of the meal;
- Continue to eat starchy foods at every meal: pasta, rice, potatoes or bread. They provide a sense of satiety and provide the energy you need, as well as fiber. On the other hand all that accompanies them is to limit: fat sauces, butter, cheese, fresh cream, etc. It is therefore necessary to consume these starches alone or with a seasoning without sugar or fat;
- Remove sugary soft drinks;
- Remove alcohol and beer. You can continue to drink wine, preferably red, limiting yourself to one drink a day;
- Avoid eating out of your home because it is more difficult to control your diet. In the restaurant it is sometimes possible, with friends it is more difficult … If you make a good meal to several, then you must try to reduce the quantities and especially never serve you a dish;
- Choose lean meats and prefer poultry without skin, fish and shellfish;
- Beware of hidden fats: avoid all meats in sauce, fatty meats, gratins rich in milk, butter or cream, gruyere and eggs, fries, pastries and pastries, sweets and chocolate, ice cream, appetizers cakes ;
- Eat vegetables at will and in all their forms: raw, cooked, in soup;
- Eat two fruits a day, but not more;
Choose the right way to cook food:
- Meats: grilled or roasted;
- Fish: grilled, baked or microwaved, or foil;
- Vegetables: steamed, smothered or microwaved
- Make the seasonings and sauces the least greasy: put some oil, butter or cream, then use lemon, yoghurt, bouillon cube and soy sauce, finally season to taste with herbs aromatic and spices.
How to lose weight permanently ?
To lose weight you have to rely on some solid principles:
- Give yourself time, at least a month to lose 2 to 3 kilos;
- Prevent cravings and fatigue;
- Stick to the rules set out initially;
- Avoid vitamin and mineral deficiencies;
- Do not use drugs or special diet foods;
- Keep a maximum of pleasure to eat.
To slim down, determination above all !
While respecting these nutritional rules, to lose weight it is good to know how to choose the least energy foods. It is therefore useful to know roughly the nutritional value of some common foods.
It remains for you to be determined and not to give in to all the temptations. The first week is often difficult but the first kilo lost is encouraging! However small differences are allowed provided that they are exceptional. It’s up to you to find a balance without falling into the obsession with food and frustration. Otherwise, you risk cracking and nibbling impulsively, then feel guilty and put off depriving yourself, and thus fall into a completely unproductive cycle compared to your goal of weight loss!