Running in the rain is certainly the obsession of many runners. Still, if you want to continue your sports routine, you will not be able to avoid drops for a long time. No worries, it’s not as unpleasant as it sounds. Certainly, the water, it wet but you could perhaps appreciate these new outings running!
Here are 10 good reasons that will motivate you to run despite the rain:
• Good excuse to equip yourself: Obviously to run in the rain, you need a good waterproof running jacket. This small investment can be a great way to motivate you to run.
• Super Hero is you: Running in the rain gives you the feeling of being more powerful. In addition to running, you are able to weather the weather! There is something to be proud of when you return home!
• It’s Fun: Life would be boring if you ran every time under a perfect sun. Rain adds a challenge to your outings. Promised, you even have the right to jump in puddles running, no one will stop you!
• It’s good for your mind: going out AND running in the rain is finally showing courage. Few riders manage to motivate themselves. That’s why, facing a capricious weather can strengthen your mind, which will be very useful on race days, when you have the urge to flinch.
• You have the right to reward yourself: what a pleasure to come home warm, to take a good hot shower followed by tea or coffee. After this fight against your legs, yourself and the rain, you have the right to enjoy yourself on your way home. No matter the reward!
• The road becomes your kingdom: Obviously when it rains, sidewalks, paths are empty. So you can fully and calmly enjoy it. Thank you rain!
• Double motivation without hesitation: It’s raining … so what? Do not ask any questions, feel free to say that it may be raining less in 20 minutes. When you have to go, you have to go and run.
• The rain gives wings to your runnings: Casually, the rain, it really wet. Strangely, you may run much faster than usual on the same course. It’s crazy !
• Fan of landscape: you could well surprise beautiful landscapes or better, rainbows during your race. In the same way, this gray sky, this wet ground, will allow you to look differently these paths that you walk daily. The rain changes the environment in which you run, watch them, you might forget the weather!
• It could be worse: Always see the good side, it’s raining, but it could snow, there could be ice on the ground, 3m of snow. Finally, the rain is not so bad!
So, still not convinced? Do not think anymore, go out run!